Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Well...now I must humble myself

I has been 2 weeks since my first post and the hunt for Unix news has been more difficult than I thought. My goal is to bring you up to date, pertinent news on the Unix community. I intend to cover BSD, Solaris, Irix, HP-UX, AIX and, of course, MacOS X.

You may be asking yourself, where's Linux? Well, technically, Linux isn't Unix®. Okay, now please no flaming comments. I'll just delete them. I have no bone to pick with Linux (I like Linux, especially Ubuntu) and I think there are websites that already cover Linux that will do a better job than I can. I will also try to limit coverage of MacOS X to its relationship with the larger Unix community as a whole.

But therein lies the rub. With all the attention that Linux and MacOS X receive, it's easy to ignore all the other operating systems listed above. Finding genuinely useful and unique content may take a lot of effort.

Let me be frank, this is an experiment for me to see if I can generate enough interest to make it worth my time and effort. I hope that I can serve the community with truly useful content. I don't believe Unix is dead, as it has been so widely reported. Let's see if i am correct.

1 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger ZDigital said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Robin.

I will try to be as evenhanded wih respect to OS'es as I can. I love MacOS X but I'm not a zealot. Each operating systems have its merits, and it's weaknesses. It's up to the individual to dicsover which works best for them.

As for storage-related content, your my go to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home